Cynnig Cymraeg - The Welsh Offer is the quality mark that acknowledges Early Years Wales's commitment towards offering Welsh language services; meeting standards outlined by the Welsh Language Commissioner.
Achieving Cynnig Cymraeg means that we are recognised for and committed to:
- Early Years Wales members will receive a hard copy of smalltalk, our bilingual colour magazine, full of articles to inspire you to embed high-quality practice. Also available as a digital magazine via our online shop
- You can navigate our entire website through the Welsh language, where you will host resources to support your work in the early years, including resources to support the development of the Welsh language.
- You are welcome to communicate with us in English or Welsh and equal standard of service is given in both languages.
- We are committed to developing a bilingual workforce. Each job advert and job description will indicate whether Welsh is an essential or desirable skill. Where essential, the minimum requirement is level 3 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), where desirable, the recruit will be supported to acquire level 3 over an agreed period of time during the recruitment process.
- You can download and/or purchase all of our publications bilingually or in Welsh.
- We use Work Welsh resources to enable you to identify Welsh speakers within the organisation, both digitally and in person.
As with all sector quality awards, there will be additional actions to continue to improve the use of the language in our work, but for now, we will celebrate the success of achieving this recognition and will display the logo with pride.
If you would like to find out more about our Cynnig Cymraeg and our ongoing Welsh language services to the public and our members
Please contact [email protected]