The Early Years Wales Awards have been designed to recognise and reward the passion and dedication our members bring to the early years, childcare and play sector in Wales. We believe our members lead the way in setting the standard for everyone within our sector – this is your chance to be recognised and celebrated.
We will be awarding in the following categories:
- Early Years Wales Setting of the Year – two categories
- Early Years Wales Outdoor space – two categories
- Early Years Wales Community
When you make a nomination you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions
- All Nominees must have current membership of Early Years Wales, or be a staff member or volunteer within an Early Years Wales member setting
- Nominations are welcome from anyone* nominators must supply contact details on the nomination form, no anonymous nominations will be accepted.
- Nominations may be made in more than one category.
- Previous Early Years Wales Award winners who are nominated for the same Award in successive years will need to show evidence of progression or change.
- *Employees or trustees of Early Years Wales are not eligible to be nominated or make a nomination for these awards.
- Nominations must be received by 5pm on 9th February 2023. Nominations received after this time will not be considered
- Only evidence submitted on the nomination forms will be considered as well as reading your latest CIW and Estyn inspection reports, and looking at your settings social media pages where appropriate
- Further evidence may be requested from shortlisted entries, this could include visits to your setting
- Evidence will only be accepted electronically via awards page on website
- All nomination applications and evidence must be submitted by 5pm on 9th February 2023 and any information received after this time will be excluded from the judging process.
- All member settings and staff that have been nominated will be contacted by to inform them of their nomination and to obtain their written permission to continue with the nomination
- Any queries regarding nominations must be made via the awards page on Early Years Wales Website no correspondence will be entered into once closing date has passed.
- Should a nominee wish to withdraw from the Awards process this must be done in writing via email to [email protected] by 23rd February 2023
- Nominators may be contacted by the Awards panel to verify details submitted.
- Each award category will have a short list of up to three nominees. Shortlisted nominees will be invited to attend the Early Years Wales Conference and Awards event Saturday 10th June.
- Shortlisted nominees will be announced in the week commencing 13th March 2023
- The Awards will be presented during the Early Years Wales Conference and Awards event on June 10th 2023
- Winners and nominees of Awards must agree to have their names, photographs and case studies used for publicity and promotion of the event, details will be used across Early Years Wales social media accounts, website and publications.
- The awards event may be filmed and photographed and made available to see on our Early Years Wales website and social media channels.
- The Award panel will be made up of staff and trustees of Early Years Wales
- Early Years Wales reserves the right to withdraw any or all Awards
- Decisions of the Awards panel are final and no further communication will be entered into.