Nursery Assistants and Room Leader
We are a brand new Welsh language nursery that has just opened in Rogerstone, Newport. We nurture children to learn and grow through language and play.
An exciting opportunity for nursery assistants to join us in a brand new Welsh medium setting in Newport. Opportunities for further training and qualifications. The role is part of a team to ensure all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and are provided with planned and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs and support all aspects of the Welsh Foundation Phase and the New Curriculum for Wales. You must love working with children and speak Welsh.
- Create and maintain a safe, stimulating and inclusive environment for all children.
- Adhere to all safeguarding requirements of the nursery and looking after the welfare of the children Devise activities, both indoors and outdoors, to encourage ongoing learning and social interactions.
- Acknowledge the individual needs of the children, including those who need additional support and care.
- Prepare snacks and drinks, and supervise children during meals
- Change nappies or assist children with using the toilet when required
- Report any concerns to supervisors regarding a child’s emotional state or development
- Childcare qualified level 2 preferred
- Experience working in a childcare setting or school preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Welsh
Location + Commitments:
- Permanent, full-time and part-time positions based in Newport. #
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary. Food included. Team nights out.