Early Years Practitioner
Rogerstone, NP10 9EL
31 March 2023
1 March 2023
Post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check:
- To effectively address the needs of 3 to 4-year-old children in the pre-school environment.
- Together with the Early Years Leader, responsible for providing developmentally appropriate planning that is aligned with The New Curriculum for Wales.
- To be a successful early year’s practitioner, you should be able to display strong communication skills and a kind and gentle demeanour when interacting with children.
- Ultimately, an outstanding early years practitioner should display patience and use creative ways to interact and engage with children.
- Teaching and following a daily routine.
- Adapting the planning to suit the needs of the individual child or group.
- Consistently planning innovative ways of keeping children actively engaged. Imparting knowledge to children through fun and play.
- Ensuring the social and emotional growth of the child.
- Addressing the physical needs of the individual child or group. To assist the Early Years Leader to compose detailed reports for parents.
- Adhering to the guidelines of the Newport Early Years Team.
- A caring and approachable nature.
Profile of Ideal Candidate
- Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme for Wales. ( This will include level 3 teaching assistant).
- Training in the Early Years Foundation Phase/New Curriculum for Wales.
- Training in child protection and safeguarding children.
- Training in behaviour management.
- A recent paediatric First Aid certificate
- Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports.
- Experience Experience of working in a childcare setting for 12 months or more is preferable, however, we are prepared to take on newly childcare qualified staff to further train and develop.
- Some pre or post qualification experience of childcare is required such as work experience / short term student placements in a childcare setting, temping, nannying or playgroup work.
General and Special Knowledge
- An understanding of children’s development and their needs
- An awareness of Equal Opportunities issues
- An awareness of Health, Hygiene and Safety in the workplace
- An awareness of additional needs and requirements
- A willingness to self-improve and develop childcare skills.
- Training will be provided in the form of on-going refresher courses, in house training, e-learning courses, and Educ8.
- An appreciation of customer care skills when dealing with parents Skills and Abilities Relevant skills for working with groups of children 0-5 years.
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children An ability to carry out light physical duties to include lifting babies and children, housekeeping tasks and setting up resources.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- A positive attitude to use of authority and maintaining discipline Able to communicate effectively with adults and children
- Good organisational skills
- A willingness to learn and abide by the nursery policies and procedures
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to demonstrate reliability and initiative A professional attitude and manner
- An enthusiastic approach to work Flexibility to cope with the changing needs of the nursery.
- The ability to work as part of a team, developing positive relationships with parents, children, colleagues, and outside agencies.
- A willingness to adhere to the nursery code of conduct
Hours of work
37 hours. Monday to Thursday 8:30-5 Friday 8:30-1:30
How to apply
Email Cv to [email protected]@gmail.com