- Childcare workforce,
- Nursery managers,
- Nursery workers,
- Childmindersand childminder assistants
- named individual who has responsibility for ALN in the setting.
In recent years, there has been a raised awareness of neurodiversity and how understanding developmental differences (neurodivergence) can help us move away from traditional deficit narratives that view children as problems to be fixed or cured.
Educators are increasingly interested in developing strengths-basedapproaches that are empowering for children identified with additional learningneeds (ALN) in the early years.
Our current education system favours children with typical minds and able bodies (known as ableism), meaning that children whose development is different do not always develop a sense of belonging.
Divergent development is often absent from our frameworks or viewed as a deficit or "red flag". Here we will unpick what this means for our practice and how we might challenge this to become more inclusive.
- Understanding ableism and neurodiversity
- Developing Divergent Pathways of Development
- We will explore how we can develop confidence with the development that diverges from typical "milestones" and begin to honour learning differences.
- We will focus on communication & interaction and the social, emotional and wellbeing of our emerging neurodivergent and disabled children.
If you would like to join, please click on Register to secure your place.
One booking per form. If you would like to book more than one person at a time please complete a booking form for the first attendee, add to cart and then select "continue shopping" to complete a booking form for each individual. Once all booking forms are complete, continue to checkout.
Terms and Conditions
This event will be delivered through the medium of English. If you require an English – Welsh interpretation service* please indicate your preferred language on the booking form.
*Please note, an interpretation service will only be available when at least 20% of attendees have indicated they require one.
Not a member? Membership is currently FREE, visit our membership page for more details.