- Childcare workforce
- Nursery managers
- Nursery workers,
- Childminders and Childminder Assistants;
- Responsible Individuals (RIs)
- Designated Safeguarding Person(DSP)
Upon completion of the course all participants will be aware of:
Roles of safeguarding:
- You and your setting’s role and responsibilities in safeguarding
- The roles of different agencies and others involved in safeguarding children’s welfare..
Working in a child-centred way - how to:
- balance child’s rights with your duty of care
- promote child’s voice at all times
Membership in Wales:
- How to work in ways that keep YOU safe from abuse, harm or neglect.
- How to access support and training to think about and improve safeguarding knowledge, skills and practice.
- How to get advice and support, if needed.
- Why some children could be more at risk from abuse, harm or neglect,
- Why people may not disclose abuse.
- Features of abusive behaviour - including bullying and grooming, DV behaviours
Completing a Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF):
- Practical guidance on completing a Safeguarding Children Report/referral.
- How to address potential barriers to staff/volunteers reporting or raising concerns
- How to follow your organisation’s whistleblowing policy.
If you would like to join, please click on Register to secure your place.
One booking per form. If you would like to book more than one person at a time please complete a booking form for the first attendee, add to cart and then select "continue shopping" to complete a booking form for each individual. Once all booking forms are complete, continue to checkout.
Terms and Conditions
This event will be delivered through the medium of English. If you require an English – Welsh interpretation service* please indicate your preferred language on the booking form.
*Please note, an interpretation service will only be available when at least 20% of attendees have indicated they require one.
Not a member? Membership is currently FREE, visit our membership page for more details.