Tuesday, 6 June, 2023 - 13:00 to 16:00
Upon completion of the course all participants will be aware of:
Roles of safeguarding:
- You and your setting’s role and responsibilities in safeguarding
- The roles of different agencies and others involved in safeguarding children’s welfare.
Working in a child-centred way – how to:
- balance child’s rights with your duty of care
- promote child’s voice at all times.
Membership in EYW:
- How to work in ways that keep YOU safe from abuse, harm or neglect.
- How to access support and training to think about and improve safeguarding knowledge, skills and practice.
- how to get advice and support, if needed.
- Why some children could be more at risk from abuse, harm or neglect,
- Why people may not disclose abuse.
- Features of abusive behaviour - including bullying and grooming, DV behaviours
Completing a MARF form:
- practical guidance on completing a Safeguarding Children Report/referral.
- how to address potential barriers to staff/volunteers reporting or raising concerns
- How to follow your organisation’s whistleblowing policy.
- Nursery managers
- Nursery workers
- Childminder assistants
- Responsible Individuals (RIs),
- Designated Safeguarding Person (DSP)
If you would like to join, please click on Register to secure your place.
If you would like to book more than one person on to the event, you will need to book them individually by returning to this page.
Not a member? Membership is currently FREE, visit our membership page for more details.